Black Bee Honey was founded in 2017 to celebrate premium British Honey and with the aim of becoming one of the UK’s best loved honey brands. Now in over 150 stockists including Ocado, Wholefoods and Booths supermarkets. Seeking investment for its next stage of growth.
- Sales 20/21 - £348k up 135% against PY (EBITDA -£19,960)
- Booths supermarket, National Trust and Holland & Barrett listings
- 150+ stockists across retail, hospitality and online
- Single origin, British honey which is now carbon neutral
Black Bee Honey offer a range of award winning, single-origin, raw British Honeys. Supporting not only British bees but also their keepers. We're one of the UK's first carbon neutral honey companies.
Most high street honey is labelled as a ‘Blend of EU & non-EU honeys’ leaving the origin and often the quality, a mystery. Consumers care more than ever about the sustainability & provenance of their food. Each jar is stamped with the location where the honey is produced and the name of the beekeeper who helped craft it.
In 2020 the jams & spreads category increased 22% and honey 20.5%. With over 150 stockists including Ocado & Booths, our first supermarket, we're in early conversations with other national retailers. In the next 12 months alongside negotiations for new listings, we'll be expanding our product range & beginning an international sales strategy.
- Sep '17-Launched at the Speciality & Fine Food Fair gaining Wholefoods Market as a stockist
- Nov '17-Online shop launch
- Aug '18-Won 3 Great Taste Awards
- Feb '19-Launched in Ocado, (avg rating of 4.5 stars)
- Mar '20-Moved order fulfilment in house to move away from plastics
- Jul '20-Joined Amazon's 'Vendor' platform increasing unit sales via this channel by 220%
- Jul '21-Secured listing with Booths supermarket across all 27 stores
- Sep '21-Secured listing with Holland & Barrett
- Nov '21-Secured listing with The National Trust
Paul Webb, Co-Founder.
Founded an independent digital design agency from 2007 - 2015. Co-founded Barnes & Webb Hive Rental. Created an award winning Postcode Honey brand. Certified member of the BBKA and BFA. 9 years experience in beekeeping and honey production.
Chris Barnes, Co-Founder.
Co founder of Barnes & Webb Hive Rental. Created award winning Postcode Honey brand. Certified member of the BBKA and BFA. Almost 10 years experience in beekeeping and honey production.
Crispin Busk (Advisor), Founder - Kabuto Noodles.
Kabuto are currently on sale in Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco and Ocado. They are also sold internationally.
Jon Simon (Advisor), Founder - Pieminister.
Award winning pie brand Pieminister was co-founded by Jon in 2003 and is now available in Waitrose, Tesco & Sainsbury with 10 restaurants in the UK.
A mutual interest in beekeeping led us to renting hives all over London. It was a life changing experience, which made us want to share our love of raw, unblended honey with everyone and so launched Black Bee Honey.
Many UK honey brands import and blend their honey varieties and we feel that customers seeking premium, high quality products have very little on offer. In 2020 the jams & spreads category increased by 22% and we believe that the time is now right for Black Bee Honey to premiumise the honey category.