Breedr aims to reduce the carbon impact of meat production by 30% by developing a sustainable data-driven livestock supply-chain, helping to feed a growing global population. With over 4400 animals sold on the marketplace since Jan 21, Breedr is raising to develop the software & scale adoption
- Featured in articles including Farmers Weekly, The Times & TechCrunch
- Raised £5.2m to date and are backed by Forward Partners & LocalGlobe
- Partnership with Dunbia/Dawn Meats, one of Europe’s largest meat processors
- Traded £3m worth of cattle via the platform to date (-£2.08m EBITDA since Jan '21).
Livestock & Meat production is a $1.7tr industry set to grow 13% by 2030, yet it accounts for an estimated 15% of all global emissions. Immediate change is needed.
Breedr is a technology company aiming to do just that by digitising the global livestock supply chain.
We’re transforming the way farmers manage their businesses & are supporting supply chain visibility by providing a complete technology solution, enabling farmers to:
1) Collect daily livestock data incl. weight, medicine & genetics which helps improve farm productivity & lower environmental impact
2) Trade virtual livestock cost-effectively. Farmers can prove the value of their animals based on real-time data & buyers can purchase livestock with confidence without attending a physical market
3) Finance livestock purchases. Our cashflow solution recognises livestock as a valuable asset based on data, giving farmers flexibility to buy livestock at the right time
By combining data, trading & fintech solutions, farmers have the potential to increase their profits, whilst ensuring consistency for retailers & consumers & reducing environmental impact by up to 28% per cow vs. the UK industry average of 5.6tn.
With 1,000+ farmers actively using our tech & listing 160k+ cattle through freemium & paid subscriptions, investment (led by Forward Partners & LocalGlobe) will be used to scale our activities domestically & internationally.
Ian Wheal - Founder
Ian has a BEng (Robotics), BSc (Computer Science) and MBA (London Business School) & Management Consulting, technology & agricultural background. With roles such as Global Product & Strategy Director at Adstream (Adtech), Ian has considerable experience expanding businesses globally.
Martin Ling - Operations (Part time)
ACMA & CGMA, Martin co-founded BMS Finance, an SME debt fund, which was sold to a listed buyer in 2016.
Kate Holligon - Finance (Part time)
An ACA, Kate previously held senior finance positions at Fat Face, Mitchells & Butlers plc & Bass plc & has managed IPOs & acquisitions.
Dr Simon Osborne - Technology & Machine Learning
A software & data engineer with a BSc, MSc & a PHD in Physics, Simon has published 35 articles & built a variety of cloud and Machine Learning products.
Suzy Wheal - Marketing
Suzy was previously Account Director at The&Partnership (WPP) and has managed marketing campaigns for clients including TalkTalk, Westfield, Skoda, AmbitiousAboutAutism, Dove, Nescafe, Slimfast & Toshiba.
Tash Gladman ex-Head of Brand at Tesco
Darren Shapland ex-CFO at Sainsbury’s
Hersch Klaff, Director of Safeway Albertsons
Frank Strauss, ex-Board member at Deutsch Bank
Cornelius Walter, ex-Head of Europe for McKinsey