Charm is on a mission to change the way the world invests. Our peer-to-peer impact investment platform empowers individuals to earn financial returns and benefit society by making life-changing loans to entrepreneurs in developing economies who are working towards a cleaner, brighter future.
- Operational P2P impact investment platform
- 5 live projects across 2 continents
- £496k secured to date from grants and foundations
- Empowered 1,883 people and 59 business with renewable electricity
1.8 billion people lack access to electricity or are connected to an unreliable grid. An estimated $450 billion of investment is needed to ensure no one is left in the dark.
Meanwhile, people are searching for ways to make an impact with their investments. Morgan Stanley estimates that 85% of people are interested in sustainable investing.
Charm enables individuals to fund projects led by high-impact entrepreneurs selling clean energy solutions in developing economies.
- Help early-stage entrepreneurs grow their businesses
- Support the transition to a climate-resilient future
- Earn triple bottom line returns: social, environmental & financial
- View a transparent, personalised impact investment dashboard
Poised for growth
- Operating a fee-based model, earning 7-11% revenue per loan
- Secured £496k grant funding to develop platform, refine offering & provide growth capital
- More than 60% of our early adopters have re-invested
- Established a scalable platform
- Strong pipeline of investment opportunities
- In progress to becoming an appointed representative of an FCA authorised entity post this funding round
This funding enables team expansion, platform development & raising brand awareness.
Being part of Charm is about harnessing the power of a movement; everyone can play a part in building a cleaner, brighter future. Together, we can make an impact.
Gavriel Landau - Chief Executive Officer
Gav was a senior technology consultant at Accenture for 5 years, working for FTSE 100 energy and financial services clients. He then joined Verv, helping to develop a P2P energy trading platform and energy data innovation projects.
Gav founded Charm in 2018 to marry his passion for clean energy and desire to create sustainable businesses that positively impact society. He’s a jujutsu black belt and rockstar dad.
Bethany Larsen - Chief Investment Officer
Beth was the Development Director for a health nonprofit in Rwanda before completing an MBA at the University of Oxford. She then co-founded GrantAccess, a grant-writing consultancy for social enterprises and Proodos Capital, a cleantech impact fund advisor.
Beth joined Charm to build bridges between UK-based investors and talented impact entrepreneurs. She’s a salsa dancer and plays the ukulele.
Leslie Labruto - Head of Global Energy at Acumen
Akinwole Omoboriowo - Chairman and CEO of Genesis Energy Group
Jeffrey Char - Serial entrepreneur with multiple exits and founder of SOGO Energy
Aunnie Patton-Power - Founder of Intelligent Impact and Associate Fellow at University of Oxford
Energy 4 Impact - Non-profit focused on extending energy access in Africa including in-depth research on crowdfunding for energy access