Genuine Impact aspires to make researching investments simple so that everyone can invest with confidence and ease. They provide stock & fund analysis, idea discovery, analyst reports and portfolio allocation tools. With users in >90 countries, they're raising to continue their growth!
- Revenue generating fintech from both consumers and business clients
- Grew subscribers by 55% in October; >90% are on recurring annual plans
- Partnered with $100 billion fund to enable growth in China
- Team from BlackRock, Freetrade, Vitality Life, Virgin Money & Facebook
Genuine Impact aspires to make researching investments simple. We want everyone to invest for the long term with confidence and ease.
There're more than 4.8m DIY investors in the UK, 54m in the US, and 147.7m in China. There's also a big rise of new investors thanks to modern brokers. Robinhood for instance had more than 10m users by 2019.
However, existing products are often tailored for institutions, providing unnecessary features at a prohibitive cost, excluding everyday investors from good financial insights.
To resolve this, we make high-quality investment intelligence easy to access, at a price that the mass market can afford.
Despite being an early-stage fintech, we are already revenue generating (2020 gross revenue £3,700, 2019 revenue £0, 2019 loss £405,000). We are currently serving users from >90 countries, and we are growing fast.
Thousands of users have signed up to the app within months of our launch. Between March and October 2020, our subscribers have grown by about 9.7% weekly.
A signed agreement with one of China's leading asset managers, with $100bn of assets under management, means that we are well-positioned to expand into China, the largest DIY market. This makes our future growth potential very exciting!
This raise will help to continue our growth ambition to onboard hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Join us and together we will make a Genuine Impact!
Truman Du, Co-Founder and CEO
- Began his career at BlackRock as an investment analyst, before joining Ninety One. He'd been responsible for researching and implementing investment ideas at both firms.
Yuchen Xia, Co-Founder and COO
- Began his career at BlackRock and managed multi-billion-pound portfolios for institutional clients in the EMEA. Joined Moneyfarm in 2015 and built the firm’s investment capability & also managed strategic partnerships.
Alex Sherwood, Head of Communications
- 10 years in marketing. Early member of Freetrade's marketing team. Built its community into one of the most active in the UK for new investors.
Pavel Aparov, Head of Engineering
- 15+ years experience in managing teams in e-commerce and gaming industries.
Ben Kinnard, Technical Product Manager
- 8 years experience in finance and software development. Also a CFA holder.
Sam Littler, Senior Software Engineer
- 7 years experience in software engineering. Managed the development team at Tickr and launched several key features.
Alister Sneddon, Adviser
- Former CTO at Genuine Impact. Also Moneyfarm, interactive investors and JHC.
Jiggy Rawal, Adviser
- Former senior management roles at Vitality Life and Investec.
Michelle Mcgrade, Adviser
- Former CIO at Interactive Investor. Also Virgin Money, Mediolanum and Coutts.
Scott Gallacher, Adviser
- Former COO at Moneyfarm. Also BBC and Facebook.