Homethings is a purpose led Home Care brand. Since launching in Sept-20, 1000's of happy customers have switched to our Just Add Tap™ cleaning refills, saving 96% of the carbon emissions compared to conventional sprays and 100% of the single-use plastic. Backed by accelerator Antler. Carbon Neutral and B Corp pending.
- Received 5 / 5 offers from Dragons in the recent series of Dragons Den
- Awarded £135k Innovate UK grant for R&D
- Scaled to £71k in revenue for May '21 just 8 months after launching.
- Just under 13,000 customers, 5% churn rate, one of the industry's best.
Homethings is a digitally native challenger brand in the Home Care category, a market worth over £6.5bn in the UK and over £45bn in Europe alone.
We have developed safe and effective formulas for household cleaning sprays in an effervescent tablet format allowing the customer to refill the same bottle using tap water at home.
Our refills are delivered conveniently through the letterbox and are cheaper than market leading brands like Ecover and Method. Our tabs are non-toxic and certified by Cruelty Free International and the Vegan Society. We are proudly carbon neutral and B Corp pending.
The Home Care industry uses billions of single-use plastic bottles annually and liquid based cleaning products contribute to some 800,000 million gallons of water being shipped every year.
Since launching in September 2020 we’ve:
- Grown to £71k of monthly revenue for May '21, (Total YTD P+L -£80k)
- Shipped products to thousands of happy customers all over the UK
- Have over 300 5 star reviews on our website and a strong customer happiness score of 82
- Received 5 offers from the Dragons on the most recent series of Dragons' Den
- Secured a major R&D grant from Innovate UK
- Grown our community to over 30,000
- Launching 3 new innovative products this year
After an exciting launch, we are now raising to extend the product range, make key new hires and grow sales channels.
We have an incredible and growing team dedicated to delivering on our mission to make home care products that make sense. Our mission is our motivation and the huge impact our product has drives us everyday.
Tim Keaveney, Founder.
Tim is a former Banker and One Young World ambassador with 6 years experience in the consumer sector having worked with fast growth D2C brands. His mission is to create a brand that has more impact and does more good in the world as it scales.
Matthew Aubrey, Founder.
Matt began his career in a tech startup before rising up the ranks in Operations at 'tech for good' investor Bethnal Green Ventures. Matt has deep early stage operational experience and a passion for sustainability and impact.
Loïs Mills, Brand + Community.
Micro-influencer, blogger and brand builder, Lois has 5 years experience agency side at top design agencies including Pearlfisher as well as running her own growing online community dedicated to promoting wellbeing and gut health.
TBA, Head of Product.
Investors + Advisors.
We are also backed by entrepreneurs and investors from Antler VC, Piton Capital, Deliveroo and Google.
- Based on management accounts