ikigai aims to be the 1st fintech in the UK to combine banking & wealth management in one app, helping young affluents grow their money. Launched in Jan 2021, they've already seen 20% week-on-week growth in new customers; now is your time to join them in redefining the way 2.4m young affluents bank & invest.
- £2m in pre-seed investment
- Sign-ups growing 20% week-on-week
- Collaboration with Blackrock, who provide asset allocation insights
- A team built from ex-McKinsey, WealthSimple, QuidCycle & King
ikigai reimagines the way young affluents spend, save & invest, approaching personal finance from a personal place - an approach to money that we believe escapes incumbents & challengers alike.
Young affluents are entering their prime earning & spending years, but 56% of high-net-worth millennials are dissatisfied with the wealth management tools on offer. They have expectations that aren't being met.
That's why we're on a mission to help this under-serviced but increasingly powerful audience - building a financial platform for the future of wealth.
ikigai combines banking & wealth management in one app, enabling holistic money management. We charge a flat fee that's fair & simple, getting rid of outdated % fees.
We already have strong traction:
- We've raised £2m to date, launched on iOS & have seen demand grow as we acquire new users at pace (20% user growth week-on-week since inception in Jan 2021. 1,253 users as of April 2021)
- We've featured in TechCrunch, UKTN, AltFi & Glamour noted us as one to watch for better money management
- We've partnered with best-in-class providers like WealthKernel & Railsbank. Our portfolios are managed using asset allocation guidance from BlackRock
We're now raising to supercharge our growth - accelerating our tech team & product roadmap.
Join us on our mission to redefine the future of wealth.
Working at McKinsey & Company, co-founders Edgar de Picciotto and Maurizio Kaiser experienced first-hand how under-served young affluent are when it comes to their finances. Edgar was frustrated by how difficult and time-consuming it was to invest his savings and Maurizio was exasperated by the lack of personal service. Instead of complaining, they decided to combine their efforts and create ikigai, the app that helps young affluent grow their money by combining banking and wealth management in one.
Maurizio Kaiser, Co-Founder:
Ex-McKinsey with many years experience in financial service strategy & technology
Edgar de Picciotto, Co-Founder:
Ex-McKinsey with significant experience designing product strategies. MA in Financial Engineering from Switzerland
Jason Linthwaite, CTO:
Previously CTO at startups QuidCycle, Evrelab. Certified AWS Solutions Architect
Alix Porta, Head of Product:
Previously at video game developer King, Ernst & Young, PWC
Ina Browning, Head of Operations:
Previously at Wealthsimple & McKinsey
Esther Ezegbe, Relationship Manager:
Previously at Drover. MA in Philosophy from King’s College
Cristina Duta, Marketing Manager:
Previously at Hanson Wade
George Porter, Financial Crime Manager:
Previously at Hargreaves Lansdown, Plum, WorldRemit