NOVELTEA - Premium Alcoholic Tea - is back at Crowdcube for Fundraising Round III. Introducing a Low-ABV Portfolio, we sold 350,000 bottles since launch in 2017. We've hit £1m in Revenue across UK, China and Germany generating a 237% YoY Revenue Growth and are planning to launch in USA in 2020.
- Despite COVID-19, +£100k Sales in April due to strong E-Commerce & China
- 600 amazing Investors incl. one German Shark after rejecting 3 Dragons
- Scalable & flexible Supply-Chain with Production in Germany and UK
- Advisors with Management Background from Diageo, P&G, Barclays
Welcome to a new product category within the alcoholic beverage industry.
In 2020, the size of the global alcoholic drinks market is $1.587 trillion and is forecasted to grow by 3.5% (CAGR) over the next three years.
- Consumer behaviours are shifting to zero- & low-ABV spirits & premium RTDs
- Premiumisation & Better for You movements are growing in particular, expressed by vegan, gluten-free and low sugar consumption
- Consumers want better quality, more intense and unique flavours
- Reduction and reuse of packaging to reduce consumer environmental footprints
NOVELTEA answers these problems:
- Low-ABV spirit based on cold-brewed, premium loose leaf tea
- Vegan, gluten-free and low in sugar -NOVELTEA has a lower sugar content vs its biggest US competitor
- High-quality spirits perfectly balancing the loose-leaf tea components
- Minimalistic & upcyclable lifestyle packaging and lean supply chain
We believe these characteristics make NOVELTEA stand-out from the crowd.
In our third year of trading, Tea Venture’s sales have surpassed £1m (YE Feb '20 £765k, P&L -£225k), demonstrating a YoY growth rate of 237% and overall 350,000 bottles sold.
We will use the proceeds of this round to further focus on our core markets UK, Germany, and China and to enter the USA in 2020.
We intend to provide ROI for investors via acquisition by Drinks Giants or an IPO.
We're currently a team of 7 FTEs including Vincent and Lukas, who started the NOVELTEA movement & have collectively grown NOVELTEA to what it is today. A new Director of Marketing, Graeme N., former Head of Marketing at Greggs plc, and Michalis P., Growth Marketer, joined the NOVELTEAM full-time in Jan 2020.
By hiring a UK National Account Manager, Event Manager, Designer/Content Creator, Brand Manager and a Financial Controller, we intend to grow to 12 FTEs by year-end.
Dagmar Wöhrl, our German Lion, and her Family Office (FO) invested in NOVELTEA in 2019. Since then, the family's hotel group is offering NOVELTEA in their minibars for free to each customer. They have over 30 hotels across Germany and Switzerland. Her FO also offers a great network within the tourism and travel industry.
The impact of our Sparring Partners and their invaluable advice, challenging yet motivating approach, and opening doors cannot be overstated. We remain grateful for their support and are proud that, over the years, seven out of our nine Sparring Partners have invested in Tea Venture Limited.
Next to the core team, we have established a strategic partnership with Feast Co. Limited in Greater China. Since the market launch in 2018, we have sold 150,000+ bottles in China. For the next 12 months, we're aiming to ship one 40ft container (25,000 bottles) a month in China while building a powerful brand.