Töastie is a sustainable outdoor apparel brand for kids aiming to engage children with nature. D2C led, plus global stockists incl Harrods, Selfridges & Trotters, achieved £1m+ sales & recycled ~350k+ plastic bottles in just 2 years. Poised for UK and international growth in a £202B global market.
- Global stockists incl Selfridges, Harrods, Trotters & Smallable
- Drapers Sustainable Fashion Awards ‘21 ‘Ones to Watch’
- Worn by the children of high profile celebrities
- 4.8/5* Average customer review rating.
Founded by 2 friends who share an inherent passion for the great outdoors, TÖASTIE creates outdoor products that allow children the freedom to explore & engage with the Natural World, creating a lifelong desire to respect and protect the environment from day one. Sustainable innovation is key, from product materials to packaging & their Preloved Portal where customers can trade in outgrown products.
With a 156% YOY growth rate, our primary focus is on D2C (with an av. 70% gross margin) complemented by world-leading stockists providing positive brand alignment & exposure.
Since launch in 2020, we have achieved:
- £1m+ sales to date (YE 21/22, Revenue: 722k, -£84.5k EBITDA)
- Consistent 4.8/5* customer reviews
- Celebrity customers
- Won multiple awards incl Best Children’s Eco Fashion Brand ‘20 Junior Design Awards, 3 x 10/10 scores by The Independent & Shortlisted for “Kidswear Brand of The Year” Drapers Independent Awards ’21
- Certified carbon neutral & member of 1% for the planet
The $202Bn global childrenswear market is set for continued growth CAGR 8.75% ('22-'27), with sustainability now a primary factor in parent's buying choices. TÖASTIE sees itself as a key player in a growing market.
Fundraising to help:
- Expand into new international markets;
- Launch new lines e.g. our Carbon Neutral recycled UV swimwear range;
- Scale our team with talent in sales & marketing to support D2C growth.
Lucinda Waite, Co-founder: years of design experience holding senior positions for a number of well known fashion companies with a highly successful proven track record in sales and growth. Lucinda heads up the product innovation and all creative aspects of the brand.
Kirstie Duke, Co-founder: Background in entrepreneurial ventures, her dynamic and tenacious approach toward business opportunities positions her perfectly to head up brand partnerships and leading operational functions of the business.
Kirstie & Lucinda have been firm friends for many years and share a passion for the great outdoors, cold water swimming and exercise. They both have highly adventurous children and share an understanding of the crucial impact of nature on positive mental health and well being.
Natasha Pesicka, Creative Concept and Sustainable Design (part-time): many years of industry experience, a masters in Textiles from the Royal College of Art and an unwavering passion for sustainable living, she brings to life the educational aspect of the brand, whilst overseeing environmental impact. Mother of 2 little explorers.
Suzy Denyer, Merchandiser and Production Manager
David Smith, Financial Director (part-time)