The Big Exchange is an impact investing platform & a money management app, with a marketplace for fairer products coming. They are seeking investment to scale up to help people make a positive impact, targeting the 1 in 3 who rank sustainability in their top 3 buying criteria.
- Grown customer base 150% month on month to 1230 (May 21)
- £11m of client’s assets on investment platform
- Rated Best Sustainable ISA 2021 by Boring Money
- £8.7m invested in the business, including benefiting from £5.8m in pro bono
Impact investment funds have grown 270%, topping £7.1bn, and at the same time, there are 13.2m people that will need to build their financial resilience after the pandemic.
The Big Exchange is a financial technology platform that aims to help people not only improve their own lives, but to help them create significant positive change with their money in 3 key ways:
1. A low cost investment platform, where every investment is assessed for positive impact; no other investment platform independently rates their funds this way
2. Inclusive, accessible money management tools so anyone can see their financial footprint to make their money count for more
3. A marketplace where people can find products that can have a positive impact on their lives and the lives of others (in progress)
Our customers are savers and spenders who we take a fee from for the platform and marketplace referrals. Growth has been driven by marketing and reviews including Which?, Good Housekeeping, Compare the Platform and the Guardian. The platform was awarded Best Sustainable ISA 2021 (Boring Money), Top Sustainable Platform for 2021 (Good with Money) and Best Innovation in Investment (Financial Services Forum Innovation Awards).
The more who join, the more positive impact we can make. That’s why we are seeking your support to help us scale up. Join us, and help build a fairer financial system, for you and everyone.
Jill Jackson - CEO
24 yrs experience in the asset management industry; worked for Ignis Asset Management and Aberdeen Standard Investments
Roderick Stead - CFO (Part-Time)
Former CFO of an international technology consultancy
Melissa Gilmour - Head of Digital Marketing
Founding director of a digital agency est. 2010, the UK Small Cap network and a former executive director of quoted companies
Cam Bourne - Partnerships Director
5 yrs experience in investment management at Aberdeen Standard Investments
Suzanne Lamb - Customer Operations Lead
35 yrs experience in travel and financial services; worked for Lloyds Banking Plc and Pitchup.com Ltd
Liz Rees - Impact Analyst (Part-Time)
35 years experience; previously a fund manager and head of research at a D2C platform. She has a particular interest in sustainable investment and holds the CFA Certificate in ESG Investing.
Charmaine Crisp (Part time)
PR, communications and events professional. Previously managed marketing communications and brand development for The Big Issue Group.
Campbell Fleming – Chair, The Big Exchange
Jill Jackson – CEO & Director, The Big Exchange
Nigel Kershaw OBE – Director of The Big Exchange & Chair of The Big Issue Group
Kevin Riches – Director of The Big Exchange, Momenta Group & The Big Issue