Zoom's mission is to be the leading Mobility as a Service and (MaaS) provider, bringing together the growing Electric Vehicle (EV) and Sharing economies in order to combat climate change. Zoom's services include an EV sharing platform, dedicated EV insurance and a money saving EV Driver Benefits Bundle.
- EV market set to grow 14x by 2030 and sharing economy 20x by 2025
- Zoom's ecosystem of 3 services offers multiple revenue streams
- Highly experienced team of e-mobility, energy and finance specialists
- Partnerships - BP Chargemaster, SSE, Jardine Motors, EO Charging, Q-Park
Zoom EV offers an opportunity to enter 2 new high-growth markets. Electric Vehicles (EV) are expected to account for 57% of new car sales by 2040 and the UK sharing economy is set to see a 20 fold increase to £140bn by 2025.
Zoom was formed in 2018 to leverage these markets and play a leading role in reducing CO2 emissions from transportation.
We have developed the following electric mobility services:
- An EV sharing platform connecting asset owners to users, enabling idle vehicles to be used more effectively and generate revenues (statistically vehicles sit idle ~95% of the time)
- An EV Benefits Bundle for drivers, offering discounts on public charging, nationwide parking, home charging and green energy
- Dedicated EV insurance delivered by trained broker staff, aiding customers in their electric journey
We connect customers from one service offering to the other, creating Zoom's electric ecosystem. We have already connected customers between each of our services.
Partnerships are in place with; BP Chargemaster, Engenie, Plugsurfing, Q-Park, EO Charging, SSE and Tonik Energy. Contracts are in place with major auto-dealers/ leasing companies including Jardine Motors Group.
Zoom is raising funds to scale the business by accelerating marketing activity in core areas, employing sales personnel to target the EV sales / leasing sector and building an app.
Zoom has a vision of becoming the go-to electric mobility brand and playing a leading role in reducing CO2 from transportation.
CEO, Greg Fairbotham
Greg is an ex-commercial lead at BP with significant electric vehicle and e-mobility experience. Greg's purpose for Zoom to drive change and reduce emissions stems from his experience within oil and gas.
CCO, James Jean-Louis (Part-time)
James has 25+ years experience in the automotive sector and is an e-mobility ambassador. James founded Charging Solutions in 2010, which sold to Chargemaster plc in 2014. James was part of the Executive Team that sold the business to BP in 2018; he then joined Zoom as an investor and board member in 2019.
CFO, Jeff Fairbotham (Part-time)
Jeff is a Chartered Accountant with 4 years experience at PwC and 25+ years as Finance Director of two major Motor Groups. He subsequently advised an EV Infrastructure start-up and negotiated a successful exit for an auto-logistics start-up.
Marketing, Ollie Upton (Part-time)
Ollie has 15+ years of B2B / consumer marketing and entrepreneurial experience. His previous company, BodyPower, was a fitness exhibition that became a global brand. He sold this company to private investors, joining Zoom in 2019.
Business Support, Maya Mahmood
Maya is a Geography graduate with environmental project experience who brings her passion for the environment to Zoom.